HomeSuite uses a third-party payment vendor, Bill.com, to process security deposit refunds. Please follow the steps below to setup your Bill.com account, verify that your Bill.com account has been setup, and verify that your security deposit refund has been sent.
Step 1: Accept Your Invitation to Bill.com
Once we are ready to refund your deposit, you will receive an email invite from Bill.com to setup an account. Once you open the email, please select the "Accept Invitation" button highlighted below in "Image 1".
Step 2: Create Your Account
After you click the "Accept Invitation" button, you will be directed to the account setup page. Please input the information requested by Bill.com to create your account. Please see the below explanation of what information is required if you have any questions.
- First Name: Enter your first name.
- Last Name: Enter your last name.
- Pay To: Enter your full name if you are an individual or your company name if we are refunding your company.
- Email: Enter your email address.
- Password: Create a password and enter it here.
- Confirm Password: Confirm the password you created here.
- Address: Enter your mailing address.
- City: Enter the city that your mailing address is located in.
- State/Province: Enter the State or Province that your mailing address is located in.
- Zip/Postal Code: Enter the Zip code or Postal code that your mailing address is located in.
- Country: Enter the country that your mailing address is located in. Please note, if you an are an international customer and you would like to receive an electronic refund to your American bank account or have a check mailed to an American address, please select "United States."
- Phone: Enter your phone number.
- I am: Please select "An employee or individual receiving payment" (see red arrow in Image 3).
- Accounting Software: Please select "Other" from the dropdown menu.
After you input all the required information, please click the box that states "I accept the general terms of service" and then click the "Get Started" button.
Step 3: Input Your Bank Information
After you complete step 2 and activate your account you will need to input your bank account information if you would like to receive your refund via electronic transfer.
If you would like to receive a physical check you do not need to input your bank information. Once you input the information required for step 2, you will be automatically setup to receive a check - simply close out the window without proceeding to Step 3.
If you do not wish to receive a check, please input your bank account information.
To enter your bank account information, please follow the steps below. Please note, your bank account and personal information are securely processed by Bill.com and are not stored by HomeSuite. For more information on how Bill.com keeps your information safe, please consult the Bill.com Resource Center.
- Name on Bank Account: Enter the account holder's name.
- Bank Name: Enter the name of your bank.
- Bank Account Type: From the drop-down menu, select if your account is a business checking account, a business savings account, a personal checking account, or a personal savings account.
- Routing Number: Enter the routing number of your bank account.
- Account Number: Enter the bank account number.
- Re-Enter Account Number: Enter your account number again.
- Tax ID: If you are an individual enter your Social Security Number. If you are receiving a refund to your business, please enter you EIN number. If you do not have a social security number, please enter "111-11-1111".
- Tax ID Type: If you are an individual please select "SSN (Social Security Number)" which is highlighted by the blue arrow below in Image 4. If the refund is being processed to your business please select "EIN (Employer Identification Number)" as highlighted by the green arrow in Image 4 below.
After you enter all the required information, please click the "Next" button at the bottom right of the screen.
Step 4: Receive Payment
After you input the information required for step 3 and click "Next", you will be taken to the below screen (Image 5) that confirms your bank account information has been verified. Please click "Done" at the bottom right of the screen to complete the process.
After you click "Done", you will be directed to the screen shown below in Image 6 that shows a summary of payments your Bill.com account has received as well as any open invoices. This screen will not show any payments until our Payments Team initiates the refund to your account which can take up to 24 hours after you setup your account. In other words, it will not display any payments right after your account has been setup.
Once you complete this process your account will be ready to receive payments from HomeSuite. Once our Payments Teams sees that your account is setup, they will initiate the payment to your account. Please allow 7 business days from when you setup your account to receive your refund in your account.
Once your payment has been initiated you will receive an email from Bill.com letting you know (Image 7). The email will tell you the amount and the estimated deposit date for your refund.
If you have any questions about your security deposit or Bill.com, please contact the HomeSuite Customer Care Team. You can also refer to Bill.com's Help Center for further information.